Marriott's® Strategy for Contributing to Environmental Conservation
With an increase in global travel comes corporate responsibility for mitigating our business impact on the natural environment. Both in our hotels and beyond, we seek to understand and act on the direct and indirect environmental impacts of our business operations.
Our goals include:
- Further reduce energy and water consumption 20% by 20201. Energy 20 percent per kWh/conditioned m2; Water 20 percent per occupied room (POR). Baseline: 2008
- Empower our hotel development partners to build green hotels2.
- Green our multi-billion dollar supply chain.
- Educate and inspire associates and guests to conserve and preserve
- Address environmental challenges through innovative conservation initiatives including rainforest protection and water conservation