Whether you're looking to spend an afternoon working on your game, want to get in a quick warm-up before your round, or work out the kinks after signing your scorecard, the practice facility at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa provides the perfect setting.
Instruction & Practice Facilities
Desert Springs Golf Club
- 74855 Country Club Drive
- Palm Desert, California
- 92260 USA
Instruction & Practice Facilities
In This Section
The expansive all-grass driving range is double-sided to allow easy access for players on both the Palm and Valley courses. And, both practice areas are conveniently located adjacent to the starter, snack bar and first tee of each course.
Some of the JW Marriott Desert Springs practice facility amenities include:
- An all-grass range featuring ample hitting areas on both ends
- Target flagsticks to measured distances to help improve accuracy
- TaylorMade range balls
- Two large practice putting greens near the first tee of each course that provide conditions and undulations identical to those found on the Palm and Valley courses
- Nearby food and beverage service at the Sand Trap and the Wedge, complete with breakfast and lunch menu items, snacks and a wide variety of thirst quenchers
- Shaded areas with benches to relax and enjoy breakfast or lunch with nearby restroom facilities
- Stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains and the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa grounds
- Ice-cold citrus-infused water
It's the ideal setup for golfers who want to warm up and grab a quick bite to eat before heading out on the course, or for those players who want to spend some time honing and refining their skills.
The driving range is open seven days a week. Range balls are included with your green fee – or an all-day range pass is available for purchase.
The Greens Putting Course
A fun, exciting and unique experience awaits at The Greens at Desert Springs, the nation's first 18-hole, all-natural turf putting course.
Designed by legendary architect Ted Robinson Sr., the putting course shares many of the same characteristics as the two championship layouts at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa – on a miniaturized scale.
Open to golfers of all ages and abilities, the 1,254-foot, par-54 fully landscaped all-grass putting course is sure to put your skills to the test with features that include:
- Contoured and undulating fairways lined with palm trees
- Lakes and water hazards
- Running streams and waterfalls
- Sand traps and pot bunkers
Located in a serene garden setting adjacent the west end of the resort, the putting course and surrounding grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained throughout the year – with a peppering of palm trees providing plenty of shade on sunny days.
After your round, relax and enjoy the setting at the outdoor seating area complete with a fire pit located just outside the resort's west entrance.
The Greens at Desert Springs Putting Course is open seven days a week. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
So grab your putter (or borrow one from us), leave the rest of your clubs in the trunk and come on out for an enjoyable and memorable day on The Greens – it's ideal for kids, couples, families and groups.
The professional teaching staff at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa offers its knowledge and experience to all golfers.
With knowledgeable PGA and LPGA members and apprentices, golfers of all skill levels can benefit from tailored instruction available from any of the professionals on staff.
Both private and group lessons are available and cover everything from the fundamentals and choosing proper equipment to course management and short-game techniques. Range balls are included with all lessons.
Rates are as follows:
- $80 for one hour
- $45 for a half hour
- $140 for a two-hour playing lesson
- Group instruction rates for 2 or more golfers are available, call for pricing
Call (760) 341-2211 or inquire in the golf shop for more information.