Wildfire Golf Club is an upscale daily fee facility. Offering two picturesque 18-hole championship Phoenix area golf courses and is situated in the rugged Sonoran Desert that feature their own distinct personality. The greens on the Faldo Championship are Mini-Verde, the Palmer Signature also has Mini-Verde greens and all fairways are Bermuda overseeded with rye.
About Wildfire Golf Club
Wildfire Golf Club
- 5350 E Marriott Dr
- Phoenix, Arizona
- 85054 USA
About Wildfire Golf Club
In This Section
Wildfire's Green Thumb
Course Green Accomplishments:
- Over 322 million gallons of potable water have been saved each year with the use of effluent water.
- The irrigation lake is lined with a thick plastic polyurethane liner to prevent water seepage.
- Four oxygen diffusers were installed to help water quality and lake health after switching to effluent water.
- In 2000, Wildfire established a no-spray zone and limited fertilizing turf grass around the lake to prevent nutrient load and run off.
- White Amur, Koi, and Catfish were stocked for biological control of algae.
- Fertilizer and pesticide equipment are calibrated to prevent misapplication, and maintenance equipment is maintained and cleaned in a manner that eliminates the potential for on-site or off-site contamination of water bodies.
- Achieved certification by the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for golf courses.
Wildlife and Habitat Management:
- Wildfire has identified wildlife habitat corridors and special habitat concerns on both Phoenix golf courses
- Native vegetation has been planted to provide shelter and food for wildlife. Drinking water has been provided for wildlife with 4.8 acres of lakes and irrigation.
- Formed a Resource Advisory Group to help plan and implement environmental projects and educational efforts of the golf course.
- Maintain an on-going written inventory of bird and mammal species to document and track wildlife use of the property.
- Boy Scouts built birdhouses to encourage nesting of birds.
- We use scouting forms to record the type, severity, location and treatment of pest problems.
Wildfire Golf Club's Amenities Include:
- Complete practice facility with two putting greens, chipping/bunker green and an all-grass driving range
- 2,500 square foot Wildfire Golf Shop, ranked one of Golfworld's Top 100 Best Golf Shops in 2008, carries the latest in attire and equipment
- Oversized GPS screen with with Flyovers of each golf hole
- Personal Tournament Coordinator
- Private, group and corporate lessons, clinics and schools available
- Meritage Steakhouse at Wildfire Golf Club is perfect for lunch, dinner or drinks on the patio
- 18-hole Nick Faldo Championship Course
- 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Course
Awards and Features
Wildfire Golf Club features a complete practice facility, including an all-grass driving range, putting and chipping greens, a green-side practice bunker and state-of-the-art Global Positioning System (GPS) in each golf car.The resort's golf courses continue to be proud award recipients. Just after opening, The Arizona Republic selected the #2 hole on the Faldo Championship Course as one of the ultimate 18 holes in the Valley.
Wildfire Golf Club was most recently recognized with Golfworld's Top 100 Best Golf Shops for 2008, Arizona's Leading Golf Resort for 2008 by The World Travel Awards and also received 2006 Travel & Leisure Golf's 'World's Best Golf Resorts' for family getaways and in 2006 Conde Nast Traveler's annual survey of Top 100 Golf Resorts in North America, which was an added accomplishment on top of the Gold Tee Award from Meetings & Conventions Magazine.