Marriott®’s industry-leading distribution system is powered by MARSHA, our proprietary global reservation system. It is fully integrated with our revenue management, eCommerce, customer loyalty and property management systems, as well as the Global Distribution System (GDS) used by travel agents and systems of e-Intermediaries. MARSHA provides low costs per transaction, high contribution to occupancy, and high revenues generated per call.
Driving Value to Your Business Efficiently
All reservations from call centers, Marriott.com, GDS or other electronic channels come through the same centralized reservation system, providing significant efficiencies. In 2012, Marriott’s reservation system:
- Generated more than 95 million reservations
- Produced more than US$30 billion in gross room revenue
- Processed reservations for more than 700,000 roomnights per day
- Generated US$138 million in cross-sales room revenue among Marriott brands
Providing Global Service Excellence and Fluency
Marriott’s Worldwide Reservations Centers are staffed with more than 2,500 associates trained to serve customers in 12 languages: English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, Dutch/Flemish and Portuguese.
Leading Online Bookings Through Marriott.com
Marriott continues to expand uses for its eCommerce platform to enrich guest experiences, entice customers to use electronic channels, and drive business to Marriott brands.
- Marriott.com is the world’s largest lodging web site, generating US$8.5 billion in gross sales in 2012. The site, used by three-quarters of all guests, has 30 million visitors per month and accounted for one in every four roomnights booked in 2012.
- Marriott.com maintains a consistent ranking in the Top 10 largest consumer retail web sites in the world—currently ranked at #9.
- Customers spend 3 million hours a month on Marriott.com and now book more revenue in a single day online than in our entire first year of operation.