Staff Profiles & Awards
Desert Springs PBI Tennis Club
- 74-855 Country Club Drive
- Palm Desert, California
- 92260 USA
Staff Profiles & Awards
Director of Tennis - Jim Leupold
Jim Leupold, from Deming, New Mexico, started with PBI in 1986. Jim has led the Desert Springs program for the past 25 years and has coached and played in 17 countries and is a one-time world record-holder for longest rally.
No stranger to the game, Jim’s accomplishments include the following ensuring he's the highest professional for tennis:
- MSU's first-ever Academic All-American
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Hospitality Manager of the Year
- PBI Professional of the Year in 1994 and 2011
Desert Springs World Class Team
Head Tennis Professional - Dave Kensler
Dave Kensler is from Eugene, Oregon and started with PBI in 1982. Dave has received accolades for PBI Professional of the Year, USTA Member and Outstanding Volunteer Award for the state of Hawaii.
PBI Tennis Professional - Tessa Lang
Tessa Lang is from Chippewa Falls, WI, and started with PBI in 2013. Tessa has received awards for Barbara Forker Leadership Award, Big 12 Scholar Athlete and Best Single Season conference doubles performance in Iowa State history.
Peter Burwash International (PBI)
Since JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa opened its doors in 1987, Peter Burwash International (PBI) has managed our tennis program. PBI hires and trains tennis professionals, who in-turn direct astounding programs at a variety of resorts and clubs in 20 countries around the world.
Now in its 39th year of business, PBI has earned its reputation of having the best-trained and highest service-oriented tennis professionals in the world. Their concepts work for novice and even world-class competitive players. Visit our world-class tennis facility to learn how simple tennis really is and become your own coach.
Our Service Guarantees
- If the PBI professional arrives even one minute late for a guest's lesson, that lesson is free.
- If the guest is dissatisfied with the instruction, the lesson is free.
- If the guest beats the PBI professional in a match, the lesson is free.
- A free half-hour lesson is offered if we are unable to find a match for a guest when given 24-hour notice.
- Programming (clinics and drills) are never cancelled due to low attendance.
Awards & Accolades
Our team of world class PBI instructors all continue to contribute to our superior tennis facility and amenities. Our number of awards and accolades continue to grow:
2013 Tennisresortsonline.com Awards
#1 Tennis Resort in the World for Instruction and Tennis Programming
#4 Tennis Resort in the World
#5 Tennis Resort in the World for Tennis Staff
2012 TENNIS Magazine
#2 Tennis Resort in Southern California
Top 5 Tennis Resorts in the World