Marriott.com's Hotel Booking Bill of Rights
When booking a hotel online you are entitled to the best so we have created your hotel booking bill of rights. Rights that ensure you’re treated like a person, not a commodity. Rights you get — but only when you book directly with Marriott.
You have the right to:
- get the best rate available when you book with our Look No Further ® Best Rate Guarantee
- pay when you stay, and not a moment before
- set personal preferences and make your stay more comfortable
- change your reservation with ease
- earn Marriott Rewards ® points when you stay
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BEST RATE GUARANTEE
Find a lower rate and we’ll match it and give you a 25% discount, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, BVLGARI®, EDITION®, and Protea Hotels®.
- One reservation must be made through any Marriott reservation channel (meaning our worldwide reservations centers, a Marriott hotel or an official Marriott website) for one of the following brands: JW Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites® and TownePlace Suites®.
- The guarantee does not apply to the following rate types:
- Rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates.
- Discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members.
- Package rates that include the room and other components such as travel, car rental, entertainment, and/or non-breakfast meals.
- Package or group add-on rates that extend the length of a stay.
- Rates negotiated for stays extending beyond 30 nights.
- Rates that are available on auction Web sites
- Rates available on Web sites, such as Priceline and Hotwire, that do not disclose the hotel brand until the reservation is completed.
- Pre-paid rates that involve a voucher or other form of pre-paid certificate (including electronic vouchers and certificates) for a hotel stay outside the United States and Canada.
- The “Comparison Rate” must be found, and a completed claim form submitted, within 24 hours of booking the reservation through the Marriott reservation channel and must be for the same hotel, room type and reservation dates. The same cancellation and advance purchase policies, and other terms and conditions governing the rates must apply. In addition, if the Comparison Rate is found on the day of arrival, the claim must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. of that day in the hotel’s time zone in order to ensure timely processing.
- Marriott will verify the Comparison Rate within 24 hours of receiving your claim and notify you of the results. For claims submitted on the day of arrival, the claim will be processed within approximately four hours.
- When multiple rates for the same hotel, reservation dates, and room type are available through a Marriott channel you must reserve the lowest rate to be eligible for the guarantee.
- The Comparison Rate must be reservable by the general public and be verifiable by Marriott. If the Comparison Rate is offered through a Marriott channel, you must reserve that rate to qualify for the guarantee. Marriott will not charge a cancellation fee. If the Comparison Rate is reserved through a non-Marriott channel, Marriott is not responsible for any fees or other costs incurred due to cancellation of a reservation.
- Rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities, or any other fees associated with the room rate, and the Comparison Rate must still be available at the time Marriott validates the claim. Rate disparities solely attributable to fluctuations and/or differences in currency exchange rates are excluded from the guarantee.
- Comparison Rates applicable to only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored.
- Void where prohibited by law. Marriott reserves the right to modify or cancel the guarantee at any time without prior notice.
Learn more and submit a claim.
FLEXIBILITY TO CHANGE YOUR MIND
Customers should consult rate rules for each reservation for specific restrictions. Cancellation charges apply if a reservation is cancelled after the deadline identified in the rate rules. For certain rates and rooms (for example, advance purchase rates), changes to the reservation may not be permitted once booked. Applicable restrictions are communicated in the rate rules for each reservation.
PAY WHEN YOU STAY
Advance payment may be required for special event dates or discounted price points determined by individual properties. Gaylord Hotels may require advance payment. Consult rate rules for each hotel and each reservation for specific restrictions and rules.
EARN MARRIOTT REWARDS POINTS
Marriott Rewards Members may earn and redeem points subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards Program. See full Marriott Rewards Program terms and conditions here. Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com and Hotels.com, as well as operators of opaque booking channels such as Priceline and Hotwire are not eligible for Points credit.
SET PERSONAL PREFERENCES
At locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, we will attempt to honor your room/bed type preferences based on availability at the time of stay. Outside the U.S. and Canada, smoking/nonsmoking preferences are honored based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary
Mobile check-in available at select participating Marriott Hotels®. Not available at other brands. See http://www.marriott.com/marriott/mobile-check-in-marriott-hotels-and-resorts.mi for a list of hotels where mobile check-in is available.