The club was formed in 1904 as the Knavesmire Golf Club and moved to Hob Moor in 1922. We moved to our current site in 1946 and during the past 60 years have developed into one of the finest parkland courses in the North.
This parkland course is located in an extremely convenient and peaceful location only 2 miles north of the York Ring Road, yet it lies amidst attractive countryside in the heart of the Forest of Galtres from which it takes its name.
Identification of these resources is solely for the convenience of our guests. Neither Marriott International, Inc. nor any of its affiliates or franchisees endorses or is a sponsor of these resources.