VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY AND NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
Whether you're an alumnus, prospecting student or a family member of a current Commodore at Vanderbilt University, you'll always find comfort and convenience when you stay at Residence Inn Nashville Vanderbilt/West End during a surprise or planned visit.
elevate your stay in nashville
Stay between VU and Downtown Nashville when you reserve a suite at our hotel. Our central location and modern accommodations are music to the ears of guests who appreciate the truly authentic Nashville experience.
- Introduce the sweet life into your travel plans with our spacious studio, one and two bedroom suites featuring ample space to live, work, and relax.
- Cook your favorite meals in the fully equipped in-suite kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffee maker. Leave us a grocery list and we'll gladly stock your refrigerator and pantry, free of charge.
- Share photos of your Vanderbilt adventure on our hotel's free Wi-Fi.
- Wake up every morning to your perfect hot breakfast made with our fresh ingredients. Customize your breakfast with eggs with yolk or no yolk, fresh fruit, protein, a waffle bar where toppings make all the difference, smoothies, and more! Served complimentary daily.
- Sip an evening cocktail and savor some conversation at the SpringHill lobby bar, open 5 to 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Relax in our refreshing pool or gear up in our fitness center equipped with private TVs.
cheer with the commodores
From homecoming games to special events, Vanderbilt University offers a ton of opportunities for you to show your school spirit. Put your dedication to the black and gold on display while staying just three blocks away from campus! Residence Inn Nashville Vanderbilt/West End is proud to be an official hotel sponsor of Vanderbilt athletics.
- Prepare for the Season : From football and basketball to lacrosse and soccer, Vanderbilt University has a plethora of sports for you to experience. Purchase tickets today.
- Find your game : Take a look at the season ahead and plan your trip around when the Commodores will play at home.
- Get Ready for Game Day : Pick up this season's latest apparel and accessories at Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt, located on campus and stocked for game day.
- Vanderbilt Stadium (1 mile): Don your black and gold as you cheer on the Commodores football team in the iconic Vanderbilt Stadium. Get your tickets, throw up the VU and get ready to anchor down!
- Historic Memorial Gymnasium (1 mile): Experience the roar of 14,000 fans cheering on Vandy men's and women's basketball as they fight for their position in the Southeast Conference (SEC).
- Nashville's Bridgestone Arena (1 mile) : Host of the 2017 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament . March 8-12, 2017.
- Hawkins Stadium (1 mile): Holding more 3700 fans, over 2400 chair-back seats, and left field bleachers just over 310 feet from home plate, Hawkins Stadium has a reputation as a top baseball park.
- Additional Vanderbilt's sports facilities include Vanderbilt Soccer/Lacrosse Complex, Currey Tennis Center, Centennial Sportsplex, Vanderbilt Legends Club of Tennessee, and more.
celebrate the arts on display
A university rich in history embraces cultural expression through professional and student artists alike. Experience exhibits and performances throughout the year.
- Fine Arts Gallery features multiple traditional and modern art exhibits throughout the year. Admission is free.
- Sarratt Gallery presents an intimate gallery with rotating art displays, located in the Sarratt Student Center lobby. Admission is free.
- Blair School of Music Events & Performances showcases Vanderbilt talent as well as visiting performers.
- Vanderbilt Theatre - From Othello to Gnit & Cabaret Vanderbilt: Gender Play, Vanderbilt's 2016-17 Season promises to magnify life so it may more closely be explored.
visit a historic campus
Founded in 1873 and composed of 10 schools and colleges, Vanderbilt University is a historic locale worthy of a tour. Walk through the campus and you'll notice the timeless design of the facilities and stylish greenery that thrives in a downtown setting. Whether you're visiting a loved one at Vanderbilt University Medical Center or stopping on your college road trip tour, our hotel puts you within walking distance of campus.
View the campus map
discover the downtown vibes in nashville
Just a bit more than a mile away from our hotel sits some of Nashville's most iconic attractions. View some of our favorites that are within easy reach:
- West End/Midtown (our neighborhood): Take a step out the door and find a plethora of restaurants, bars and shops located in the West End. The neighborhood also hosts a variety of unique events including craft beer festivals, Vanderbilt Chalk Fest, and live entertainment. Learn more about some of our favorites, like Hattie B's Hot Chicken and The Patterson House.
- The Gulch (0.6 miles): Nashville businesses and unique restaurants thrive at The Gulch. Discover one-of-a-kind shops and travel like you're a local.
- Broadway Honky Tonks (1 mile): Experience the iconic district of Lower Broadway, where historic music venues help give Music City its name, just a brisk walk away from our hotel.
- Downtown Nashville (0.8 miles): From annual events to chic boutiques and restaurants, Downtown Nashville creates a unique experience. Take advantage of the many public transit services or rent a Nashville B-Cycle .