Experiences To Write Home About at Forest of Arden
Experience the countryside with just a 10-minute drive to top attractions, including Birmingham Arena, Cadbury World, art galleries, museums and more. Enjoy serene moments while exploring excitement of the city when staying at our Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club.
Dining at the Hotel
Cast Iron Bar & Grill - Enjoy fresh, locally sourced, best of British dishes at our stylish restaurant.
Lesiure Facilities at the Hotel
Enjoy playing a round on one of our two 18-hole courses, relax in the spa or take a dip in the swimming pool.
With an excellent location in the West Midlands, nestled between Birmingham and Coventry, our hotel is accessible by train, plane or car.
Bring the family to enjoy local attractions in Coventry, Birmingham and Warwickshire area. Including theme parks, Zoos and family day outs.
The convenient location means many local attactions are accessible to enjoy family days out including:
- National Sea Life Centre - Get close to over 2,000 sealife animals and experience the UK'S only 360 ocean tunnel.
- Twycross Zoo - This award-winning adventure provides fun for the entire family with indoor and outdoor habitats, interactive experiences and more than 500 animals.
- Drayton Manor Theme Park - Is home to a variety of exciting attractions with roller coasters, zoo and Thomas Land.
- Cadbury World - From manufacturing processes to 4D adventures, there's a lot of chocolate to be found here.
- Coventry Transport Musuem - Home to the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles on the planet and tells the story of a city which changed the world through transport.
Family Explorer Package
Book our Family Explorer Package and enjoy a family staycation near Birmingham. Make the most of your time away in the UK with an overnight stay for 2 adults and 2 children (under 12) in a family room including breakfast, children's welcome amenity on arrival and gifts for children to take home.
Once home to the industrial revolution, Coventry and Birmingham are cities that are proud of its culture & heritage. From castle and Cathedrals to museums and Manor Houses.
The many historical places and attractions include:
- Warwick Castle - History, magic, myth and adventure come to life year-round.
- Coventry Cathedral - Open daily to visitors year-round. Visitors also welcome to join in services.
- Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden - Explore English heritage at this historical 12th century castle. A vast medieval fortress that endured a famous siege and later became an Elizabethan palace, Kenilworth Castle is among Britain's biggest historical sites.
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery - Permanent galleries and changing exhibitions are found in this landmark building in the city centre.
- Herbert Art Gallery & Museum - Permanent galleries range from the Visual Arts to Social and Industrial History, Archaeology and Natural History.
- Witley Court and Gardens - Explore the dramatic ruins of Witley Court and travel back to a world of lavish house parties.
- Baddesley Clinton - Discover a secluded, intimate estate set in the heart of the Forest of Arden with 500 years of fascinating and unexpected stories.
Sporting in Coventry and Birmingham
Enjoy a round of golf, follow a football team, rugby team or cricket team. With both national and international games across the next year there is even more reason to visit Coventry or Birmingham.
- Enjoy a round on one of our two 18-hole courses - The Championship Arden Course, host to international tournaments, or the scenic Aylesford Course. You can also arrange for a golf lesson from our Academy and shop our pro store.
Other sporting venues in Coventry and Birmingham include:
- Coventry Building Society Arena - Home of Wasps Rugby Men, Wasps Netball, and the Wasps Community Foundation as well as Coventry City Football Club and commonwealth games.
- Birmingham City Football Club - Follow the team at the home ground.
- Aston Villa Football Club - Follow the team at the home ground.
- Edbagston - Home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club.
- Go Ape - An outdoor adventure company which runs tree top ropes courses under the names Tree Top Challenge, Tree Top Adventure and Zip Trekking, as well as ground-based Forest Segway Safaris, at Cannock Chase and Coventry.
- Planet Ice - A 4000 capacity multi-purpose Ice Rink and home to the Coventry Blaze and numerous international events.
Entertainment in Coventry and Birmingham
Take time out and discover the many entertainment venues and attractions in the local area. Including testing your surivial skills with Bear Grylls to enjoying an exhibiition at the NEC.
- Resorts World Arena - With superb restaurants, outlet stores, a cinema with IMAX™ and arcade fun at Vortex Gaming, Resorts World Birmingham is the place for a little bit of escapism.
- The Bear Grylls Adventure - Escape the ordinary and experience the awesome at The Bear Grylls Adventure. Indoor and outdoor activity centre at The NEC Birmingham.
- The National Motorcycle Museum - The world's largest collection of British motorcycles.
- National Exhibition Centre - NEC is one of the UK's top venues for events and exhibitions. Featuring 19 halls and 34 conference suites, there is always something happening at this Birmingham attraction, conveniently located near our hotel.
- Hatton Adventure Park - Hatton Adventure World offers a range of indoor and outdoor activiites for all the family.
Theatre and Arts
Enjoy live music, theatre shows and live productions across many venues in Coventry and Birmingham. They include:
- Hippodrome - A cultural hub that gives everyone the chance to experience theatre: musicals, ballet, opera, comedy, dance and pantomime.
- Alexandra Theatre - The theatre is a valuable contributor to culture within Birmingham and the West Midlands, presenting first-rate musicals, drama, comedy and more.
- Belgrade Theatre - A live performance venue in Coventry. It was the first civic theatre to be built in Britain after the Second World War and is now a Grade II listed building.
- Warwick Arts Centre - A multi-venue arts complex at the University of Warwick, embracing all types of theatre and performance, contemporary and classical music, dance, comedy, visual art, films, talks and family events.
- Symphony Hall - Widely considered one of the finest concert halls in the world.
- Town Hall Birmingham - At this historic landmark, you'll be following in the footsteps of audiences who have seen performances from Sir Edward Elgar to Nina Simone.
- Albany Theatre - Art Deco theatre in the heart of Coventry and the new studio space staging inhouse and professional touring dance, drama, music and comedy productions.