PASADENA LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
Travel like you live while staying at Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town. Let us be your home base for extended leisure or business stays in Southern California. Residing just a short walk from Old Pasadena, a bustling 22-block entertainment district, and within easy access to other must-see attractions, our hotel's location will help maximize your experience in Pasadena.
A Smart Way to Stay
Offering the only extended-stay hotel accommodations in Pasadena, the new Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town features apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and modern amenities.
- Kick back and unwind in a studio, one- or two-bedroom suite.
- Keep connected to friends, colleagues or social media channels with complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Fuel up for the day at our free daily breakfast buffet and 24-hour Market.
- Bring along your four-legged friend and enjoy easy access to a local dog park.
- Stay active at our 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool.
- Feel right at home when you make dinner on our barbeque grills.
- Be productive before or after an event by utilizing the business center.
- Gather with colleagues in our 850-square-foot meeting space.
With something new to discover around every corner, Pasadena boasts beautiful architecture, well-managed museums and blooming gardens as well as popular shopping and dining districts. Explore the best of the local area and surrounding cities.
- Old Pasadena (0.3 miles): Stroll the pedestrian-friendly streets of Old Town, featuring boutique shops, outdoor cafes and art galleries.
- Pasadena City Hall (0.5 miles): Visit this iconic local landmark, a popular shooting location for filmmakers.
- The Gamble House (0.7 miles): This National Historic Landmark boasts exciting events and exhibits throughout the year.
- USC Pacific Asia Museum (0.7 miles): Re-opened in spring 2017, the USC PAM provides cultural awareness of the arts and culture of Asia through classes and exhibits.
- Norton Simon Museum (0.8 miles): See artwork that spans over 2,000 years as you explore the ins and outs of this museum's stunning collection.
- Pasadena Museum of California Art (0.8 miles): With a collection of historic and contemporary art, the PMCA is proud to present art that is unique to California.
- The Pasadena Playhouse (1.1 miles): Opened in 1917, this historic venue hosts a variety of breathtaking performances every year.
- Wrigley Mansion (1.3 miles): Take a tour of this storied landmark, which also serves as a premier space for weddings and events.
- Rose Bowl Stadium (1.5 miles): Known as "America's Stadium", the recently renovated Rose Bowl hosts college football games, concerts, the world's largest flea market and more.
- Rose Bowl Aquatics Center (1.5 miles): Home to year-round aquatics programming, this premier facility features endless fun and over 1.5 million gallons of filtered water.
- Brookside Golf Courses (1.8 miles): Book a tee time at one of two premier Pasadena golf courses near the Rose Bowl.
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens (3.4 miles): See rare works up close at this premier research and educational facility.
- Descanso Gardens (5.7 miles): Walk through beautiful botanical gardens and attend seasonal celebrations at this well-managed destination outside of Los Angeles.
Shop ‘til You Drop
There is Always Something to Enjoy
Start saving up for a shopping spree in Pasadena, one of the most popular things to do around our hotel.
- Old Pasadena (0.3 miles): From boutiques to national retailers at One Colorado, this pedestrian-friendly shopping area can keep you busy all day long.
- Paseo Colorado (0.6 miles): Shop popular brands such as Tommy Bahama, Coach and BCBG and find new favorites at this open-air, downtown shopping center.
- Pasadena Antique Center & Annex (0.8 miles): Search through items from over 130 dealers selling furniture, jewelry, art and rare books.
- Rose Bowl Flea Market (1.5 miles): With over 2,500 vendors, the world-famous flea market is held the second Sunday of every month.
- Pasadena City College Flea Market (2.5 miles): Open the first Sunday of every month, this free event hosts 450 vendors offering antiques, records, collectibles and food.
Treat Your Taste Buds
The birthplace of Julia Child, Pasadena has a rich history of culinary excellence. With hundreds of restaurants around the town - many within walking distance of our hotel - there is always something for foodies to enjoy. Some of the top-rated establishments we recommend include:
Local Colleges and Universities
Grow your knowledge as you visit friends and colleagues at the area's leading universities that span a variety of disciplines.
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts (Pasadena): Pursue your passion for food during a visit to this well-known culinary school, less than 1 mile away.
- Fuller Theological Seminary: Providing 18 degree programs in theology, psychology and intercultural studies, this multidenominational seminary is less than 1 mile from our hotel and hosts many thought-provoking events.
- Pasadena City College: Just 2.4 miles away, this award-winning community college provides innovative learning environments for over 25,000 students each semester.
- ArtCenter College of Design: A global leader in art and design education, ArtCenter is located less than 4 miles away.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech) Jet Propulsion Laboratory: These cutting-edge research institutions are each less than 5 miles from our hotel.