Welcome to Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Moscow
Explore the nostalgic heart of Moscow's city center
Bask in the golden age of Russia at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Moscow. Erected in 1903 by architect Alexander Ivanov, our 5-star hotel is a gem of imperial architecture and luxury. Overlooking famed Red Square, our hotel is located steps from the Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theatre, St. Basil's Cathedral and Old Arbat Street. After you explore these storied Moscow landmarks, return to the hotel for a taste of Russia at our three upscale restaurants, including the acclaimed Beluga by Alexander Rappoport. Revitalize yourself with a swim in our heated indoor pool. To celebrate our hotel's 19th-century heritage, we offer vintage-themed event venues, guest rooms and opulent suites, styled with rare antiques and impeccable details like carved wood ceilings. Beautifully preserved and outfitted with modern features, our luxury hotel welcomes you with old-world hospitality as you step into contemporary Russia.
An Authentic Atmosphere
The premier choice of our most distinguished guests. The suites combine unsurpassed panoramic views of the Kremlin with antique furniture and precious artistic nuances, creating an authentic atmosphere that evokes the past and captivates the present.Learn More
An Illustrious Past
The National is a unique Russian historical and cultural monument that stands apart from Moscow's other hotels. In more than hundred years of its history the National has lived through times of prosperity and devastation, been at the centre of war and revolution and has shared all the misfortunes and upheavals that have been Russia's fate over this eventful century.
A Luxurious Present
The National's guests today include state leaders and prominent politicians, public figures, scientists, businessmen, writers, actors and musicians. The National is one of the centres of public, political and cultural life in Russia today.
Hide away in Alexandrovsky Bar's winter garden while you savor upscale dishes from Russia and across Europe, paired with fine spirits and homemade cakes. Our sky-lit restaurant and bar is a hotspot in Moscow for the business elite.
Dine on elevated Russian cuisine under golden chandeliers at Beluga, a restaurant being awarded one star in the "Guide Michelin", includes a one-of-a-kind caviar brasserie. Led by famed restaurateur Alexander Rappoport.
With a nod to Moscow's past, Dr. Zhivago serves modern Russian cuisine in a nostalgic dining hall, decorated with Soviet-era art. Revel in our hotel restaurant's classic Moscow flavors while taking in views of the Kremlin through ornate windows.
Magical Views of the Heart of Russia
Panoramic windows of the restaurant offer truly magical views. The main square of the country, the Kremlin, St. Basil’s Cathedral – all of them enchant you with their beauty and give you an opportunity to feel yourself in the heart of Russia, to watch its life and to feel the beating of the capital’s heart.
Stay for Breakfast
: July 17, 2021 — July 16, 2022
Enjoy unforgettable Kremlin view during your breakfast at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection, Moscow.
Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Moscow
15/1 Mokhovaya str. bld. 1, Moscow, Russian Federation, 125009
Private Car Transfer
Our concierges stand ready to be of service seven days a week.
Hotel Concierge Services
Each Luxury Collection Concierge is a bilingual, certified destination expert. Some of our concierges proudly wear the "Les Clefs D'Or Russia" - the gilt insignia of the celebrated international concierge society - and eager to help create an unforgettable “insider” experience for our guests. Turn to them for florist services, theater tickets, exclusive dinner reservations, private tours of historical landmarks, directions, general information, and so much more.
The National is a unique Russian historical and cultural monument that stands apart from Moscow's other hotels.In more than hundred years of its history the National has lived through times of prosperity and devastation, been at the centre of war and revolution and has shared all the misfortunes and upheavals that have been Russia's fate over this eventful century. The National's guests today include state leaders and prominent politicians, public figures, scientists, businessmen, writers, actors and musicians. The National is one of the centres of public, political and cultural life in Russia today.
There was the reading room with a large library; the latest issues of newspapers and magazines were delivered there. This is currently one of the Kremlin Suites.
In October 1917, this room was chosen to accommodate Vladimir Lenin. Lenin and Nadezda Krupskaya spent seven days. This is currently one of the Kremlin Suites. In addition to Vladimir Lenin the National Hotel accommodated other soviet leaders: Trotsky and Dzerzhinsky.
This suite was called ‘Louis XVI Suite’ and Suite 115 was the ‘Louis XV Suite’. A few pieces of the original interior decoration have survived: paintings on the ceilings in Suite 115 and the fireplace decorated with white marble and a metal lattice in Apartment 101. These are now the Presidential Suites.
- The hotel's building designed by architect Alexander Ivanov was built in 1902
- The hotel welcomed the first guests in 1903 with 160 rooms and was named “Natsional’naya”. The interior makes the emphatic reference on the main staircase of the unique design made of white marble with gilt plastered decorations and metal barriers.
- From 1903 to 1910 a set of postcards was issued with the representation of the Natsional’naya.
- In 1933, the National became part of the Intourist the state company for foreign tourism.
- At the end of the 1960s, a modern glass and concrete hotel, the Intourist, was built just next to the National. In 1983, the State Committee for Foreign Tourism merged the National and the Intourist hotels into a single complex. In 1989, a new decision was made to reorganize the National-Intourist hotel complex and separate it into two independent hotels again.
- 1995 the National became the part of the Le Meridien hotel chain, one of the world's biggest hotel chains and owns five-star hotels around the world.
- In 2000 on the recommendation of Le Meridien, the National was renamed the Le Royal Meridien National.
- In 2009 the National joined the Luxury Collection by Starwood Hotels & Resorts, a glittering ensemble of more than 70 of the world's finest hotels and resorts around the world. The Luxury Collection® is a selection of hotels and resorts offering unique, authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories.
- Once you make your reservation at National Hotel, a Luxury Collection hotel, our reservation team will be pleased to assist you with visa support documents. In order to get the documents, please contact our reservation department by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +7 495 937 00 55.
- Kindly note that the Hotel provides Visa Support service for single entry only and only to those guests who booked their rooms on national.ru, spg.com, booking.com, expedia.com or via phone call to the hotel. The room reservation should be guaranteed for arrival.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoke Free Property
Pets Not Allowed
Accepts: Cash,Credit Cards
Concierge desk service
Property has elevators
Languages spoken by staff:
For more information about the physical features of our accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call +7 495-2587000
Property has elevators
Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
Main Entrance is Accessible
Meeting Spaces are Accessible
Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
Bathtub Grab Rails
Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom