Completed in 1885, the Armory Building was the first permanent home of the Macon Volunteers, a volunteer military unit that doubled as a civic organization founded in 1825. Fast forward almost a century and the Armory Building served as the site of many dances, balls and other community events until the 1970's. In 2005, the new owner, with the assistance of an accomplished historic preservationist and architect, began restoring the Armory Building to its former splendor. Now, known as the Armory Ballroom is Macon's premier banquet facility. Photo courtesy of Macon CVB.