ATTRACTIONS IN METAIRE NEAR NOLA
Courtyard offers convenient amenities and close proximity to the area's top attractions. Whether you want to dance the night away on Bourbon or cheer on the Saints at the Superdome, our hotel in Metairie is minutes away from the best of the Big Easy.
Thrilling Attractions Just Moments Away
Situated 8 miles from Downtown New Orleans, 6 miles from Tulane University and 6 miles from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Courtyard New Orleans Metairie is one of the most convenient hotels in the area. Don't miss these one-of-a-kind attractions during your Crescent City rendezvous:
- Camp Parapet (2.5 miles): Historic Civil War site off of Causeway Boulevard.
- Shrine on Airline Field (4.2 miles): Minor League Baseball Stadium for The New Orleans Baby Cakes and concert venue with 10,000 seats
- Lafreniere Park (4.3 miles): The city's largest park; a popular spot for boating, fishing and picnicking.
- New Orleans Museum of Art (5.4 miles): Fine arts museum featuring a sculpture garden.
- Frenchman Street (7.2 miles): Famous for its live music venues, bars and late-night eateries.
- Harrah's Casino (8.1 miles): The best place in town to put on your poker face.
- Saenger Theatre (8.8 miles): Performing arts venue built in 1927 as a movie palace.
- Mardi Gras World (8.9 miles): Warehouse where parade floats are built; tours offered daily.
- Bourbon and Canal streets (9 miles): French Quarter favorites featuring dozens of bars and shops.
- Jackson Square (9.3 miles): Picturesque park on the eastern edge of the French Quarter.
- Magazine Street (9.8 miles): Known for its boutique clothing shops, art galleries and antique stores.
- Destrehan Plantation (15.6 miles): Antebellum mansion offering gorgeous architecture and daily tours.
Family & Children's Activities
If you're planning a family vacation, be sure to check out the Audubon Nature Institute, known for its sprawling zoo and state-of-the-art aquarium. The center also boasts an insectarium and butterfly garden where visitors can get up close and personal with creepy crawlers of all shapes, sizes and colors.
Other popular family-friendly destinations include The National WWII Museum, the Louisiana Children's Museum and plenty of picturesque playgrounds . Use this helpful guide to start planning your next trip with the kids.
Events For Every Interest
No matter where your passions lie, you're guaranteed to find a festival you can't resist in the New Orleans area. Book a stay at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie to be close to all of the action.
Amenities For The Modern Traveler
At our hotel in Metairie, Louisiana, it's easy to maintain your routines. Take advantage of the following amenities during your stay:
- 24-hour fitness center
- Business services, including copy, fax and overnight delivery/pickup
- The Bistro, offering breakfast, dinner, Starbucks coffee and evening cocktails
- The Market, selling to-go snacks and beverages
- Complimentary property-wide Wi-Fi
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool
Flexible Event Venues