Explore Washington D.C.
Convenience comes in an elegant package at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. Situated just steps from local transportation, our stylish city center hotel allows you to make the most of your travel time, all while enjoying our modern amenities.
Step outside our hotel to experience the vibrant Penn Quarter and Chinatown neighborhood. Home of the Capital One Arena and Warner Theater, our locale is in the heart of a bustling culture filled with entertainment, museums, theaters, hip restaurants, down-home dining, local flagships for high end shopping, sports fans, foodies and culture vultures.
- Pershing Park - Former traffic island transformed into a multi-level park. Open year-round.
- Freedom Plaza - Named in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Open year-round. Lafayette Square, A National Historic Landmark - Located directly across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House, this storied, seven-acre park features large statues set north of the White House. Open year-round.
- Lucky Strike Bowling - Boutique bowling, mouthwatering American cuisine, hand-craft cocktails and great music. Open year-round.
- The Ellipse - A beautiful 52-acre green space, perfect for viewing the White House. Open year-round.
- Franklin Square - This broad, tree-shaded park was site of the first wireless message and features of statue of Commodore John Barry. Open year-round.
Museums and Attractions
- Newseum - An interactive museum focusing on freedoms of the First Amendment.
- Clara Barton Missing Soldiers Office Museum - Visit where the legendary caretaker lived and tended to wounded Civil War soldiers.
- International Spy Museum - A museum dedicated to the tradecraft, history and contemporary role of espionage.
- Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C. - Discover the ultimate fan experience when you see the incredible wax figures.
- Marian Koshland Science Museum - National Academy of Sciences - Unique science exhibits with interactive displays that illuminate the role of science in forming policies.
- National Museum of Women in the Arts - The only major museum in the world solely dedicated to recognizing creative contributions of women.
- National Building Museum - Devoted to interpreting the history and impact of the built environment. Stories of architecture, engineering, and design.
- Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery - Here you'll find paintings, photographs and sculptures of the people who have come to define America.
- Peterson House - Across the street from Ford's Theater and the location of President Lincoln's passing. Open for tours.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum - One of the largest and most expansive collections of American art in the world.
- Touchstone Gallery - Artist-owned art gallery exhibiting contemporary work of high quality, vision and innovation.
- U.S. Navy Memorial - Celebrates the camaraderie of service at sea. Zenith Gallery - Seeks out and features exceptional artists at the varying stages of their careers.
- CityCenterDC - Downtown's signature neighborhood where an unmatched mix of shops, restaurants, apartments, condominiums, office buildings and common area blend for a vibrant urban experience.
- Friendship Archway - Traditional Chinese gate in Chinatown.
- National Mall - National park in downtown D.C.
- The White House - Home of the President of the United States.
- United States Capitol - Home of the United States Congress.
- Washington Monument - Closed until Spring 2019.
- Oyamel Cocina Mexicana - From world-renowned chef Jose Andres, this restaurant services authentic and creative Mexican cuisine. Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand honoree. 0.6 miles
- Jaleo - Another restaurant from Chef Jose Andres. Serving Spanish cuisine, Jaleo is also a Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand honoree and has been recognized for the Best Grilled Cheese in the U.S. by Food & Wine. 0.6 miles
- China Chilcano - Also from Chef Jose Andres, this restaurant serves Peruvian, Chinese and Japanese fusion. Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand honoree. 0.6 miles
- Zaytinya - One of five local restaurants under the direction of Chef Jose Andres. Here you'll find an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines. Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand honoree. 0.3 miles
- Barmini - Another of Chef Jose Andres' establishments, this cocktail lab was named Best Cocktail Bar as part of Best of D.C. by Washington City Paper in 2016; among the Top 100 restaurants in America by OpenTable in 2016 and selected as a semi-finalist for its outstanding bar program by the James Beard Awards in 2015 and 2016. 0.4 miles
- Graffiato - Authentic Italian fare. Chef Mike Isabella was named 2016 Restaurant Association of the Metropolitan Washington Restauranteur of the Year, and the restaurant was named among the 100 Very Best Restaurants by the Washingtonian in 2016. 0.5 miles
- District ChopHouse & Brewery - 1940's atmosphere serving steaks, chops and seafood. 0.5 miles
- Proof - This acclaimed wine bar serves eclectic and modern cuisine. This restaurant has earned 3 stars from the Washington Post; 3-1/2 stars and a No. 10 rank in Washingtonian magazine's 100 Very Best Restaurants. 0.4 miles
- Nope Kitchen Bar - American brasserie. 0.4 miles
- The Source by Wolfgang Puck - Delectable Asian cuisine. 0.8 miles
- RPM Italian - Modern Italian. 0.5 miles
- Co.Co Sala - Chocolate restaurant, lounge and boutique. 0.3 miles
- 701 Restaurant - Contemporary American cuisine. 0.6 miles
- Fig & Olive - French fresh, simple, classic ingredients. 0.3 miles
Sports & Entertainment
- Nationals Park - Home of the Washington Nationals
- Capital One Center - Home of the Capitals, Wizards, Valor, Mystics and site for numerous concerts
- RFK Stadium - Home of DC United
- Ford's Theater - This working theatre is also a historical monument, world-class museum and learning center
- Harman Center for the Arts - Consists of the Lansburgh Theatre & Sidney Harman Hall, where the Shakespeare Theatre Company performs
- Wooly Mammoth Theatre Company - Emerging playwrights and provocative new plays that explore the edges of theatrical style and human experience
- Landmark E Street Cinema - Independent films
- Sixth & I - Performance venue in a history synagogue
FRESHFARM Penn Quarter - On 20th Street NW, this is one of the top farmers' markets in the country. Open year-round on Sunday mornings:
- January through March, 10am to 1pm
- April through December, 8:30am to 1:30pm
Tour de Jose - Take a dining tour of Zaytinya, Jaleo, Oyamel and China Chilcano. Tours are held on a limited basis Sunday through Thursday for parties up to six.
Our central location with a Metro station, right outside our doors, allows you to explore even the furthest reaches of D.C. with ease, from the Washington Monument to Arlington Cemetery. Local transportation options include:
- Metro Station - Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines), 0.1 miles
- Train Station - Union Station, 2 miles
- Metrobus, 0.4 miles
- D.C. Circulator, 0.3 miles
- D.C. Taxi
- D.C. Yellow Cab
- Red Top Cab
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), 4 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 27.2 miles
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), 32.2 miles
- Capital Bikeshare - 3,700 bikes, 440 stations across the city. Multiple bike docks within a five-block radius of our hotel.
Let your Washington, D.C. adventure begin and let us keep you rested and recharged! From the soft linen sheets of our Marriott luxury bedding to our well-equipped fitness center and indoor pool, our hotel amenities are designed with your comfort in mind. Whether traveling for business or leisure, you'll find our amenities to include:
- Fire and Sage Restaurant
- Starbucks® Coffee House
- Well-equipped fitness center
- Indoor swimming pool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in our lobby and public areas
- High Speed Internet Access
- Enhanced High Speed Internet Access
- Valet Parking
- 24-Hour room service
- Concierge Lounge