TORONTO LOCAL AREA
Experience the best Toronto has to offer while staying at Courtyard Toronto Downtown on Yonge Street. Our convenient location in Church & Wellesley enables hotel guests to visit Kensington Market and St. Lawrence Market, as well as other famous attractions and landmarks.
THINGS TO DO
Local Area Attractions
From shopping to cultural landmarks, there are plenty of things to do near our Yonge Street hotel.
- Explore amazing culture, history and art at the Royal Ontario Museum and Art Gallery of Ontario.
- Hockey, basketball games and world-class concerts fill the schedule at Scotiabank Arena.
- Toronto Eaton Centre, the city's shopping paradise, is just a 10-minute walk from our hotel, which is also near Saks Fifth Avenue and Hudson's Bay stores.
- For trendy exclusives and luxury, the Bloor-Yorkville District and urban boutiques are just 0.6 miles away!
Our hotel offers renovated, spacious accommodations and a wonderful location near family-friendly attractions, all of which make your trip more relaxing. Popular attractions include:
- The CN Tower is one of Toronto's most recognized symbols and a must-see destination for the whole family. Feel on top of the world and enjoy amazing city views. Located just 1.3 miles from our hotel.
- Have undersea fun at Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, where guests interact with many incredible specimens of ocean life.
- Take in first-rate performances at the historic Princess of Wales Theatre.
- Enjoy exhibits about the records, teams, players, memorabilia and trophies of the NFL, including the Stanley Cup, at the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Catch a baseball game at Rogers Centre, home of Toronto's baseball team.
- Enjoy browsing in the Toronto Eaton Centre, a shopping mall and office complex in downtown Toronto.
- Yorkville offers upscale, designer boutiques, antique shops, galleries and fine dining near our hotel.
- View the permanent collection at the Art Gallery of Ontario, one of the most renowned art museums in North America.
- Explore one of the largest museums in North America, the Royal Ontario Museum, and view towering dinosaur skeletons, mummies and other historical highlights.
- Centreville Children's Amusement Park, located on Centre Island, is a great place for family time. Start your adventure with a ferry ride across Toronto Harbor and enjoy breathtaking views of Toronto's skyline.
Boasting cultural diversity and the bold spirit that makes Toronto one of the world's most exciting cities, there are many interesting places to explore, fun festivals and a host of things to do, all minutes from our hotel.
- Enjoy free concerts and year-round events at the vibrant Yonge Dundas Square, the central hub of celebration in downtown, located just a 10-minute walk from our hotel.
- Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall offer a wide choice of concerts and live performances.
- Kensington Market is a distinctive downtown multicultural district filled with vintage shops, street fairs, independent grocers and a plethora of eateries.
- St. Lawrence Market, a major market in Old Town Toronto, offers an even greater choice of fresh food for you to sample.
Make sure to book your hotel reservation for the Toronto Gay Pride festival well in advance, held annually in June, as this exhilarating event draws huge crowds.
- Drop into The 519 to gain information about community events and activities. The 519, formerly known as The 519 Church Street Community Centre, is an agency of the City of Toronto and a Canadian charitable, non-profit organization that operates a community centre in the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario.
- June is Pride Month in Toronto. Look online for a full schedule, but don't miss the main event.
- Visit Tourism Toronto's site to keep up to date with Pride happenings and news.
- Glad Day Bookshop, the oldest LBGTQ bookshop in North America, is located on Church Street near our hotel.
RICH IN CULTURE
A city rich in culture, Toronto is home to top theatrical performances, and our hotel is located near some of the best theatres in the city. Check the websites of these attractions for a complete schedule of upcoming performances:
- Ed Mirvish Theatre
- Royal Alexandra Theatre
- Meridian Hall
- The Princess of Wales Theatre
- The Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre Centre
- Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
Directions and Parking
Use 475 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1X7 Canada for GPS directions to our hotel. Our entrance is located off Wood Street, just east of Yonge Street.
Valet parking, 25 CAD daily. Parking garage clearance is 6 feet/ 1.8 meters.