Welcome to W Austin
Embrace the unique charm of downtown Austin
Live it up in Austin, TX, the "Live Music Capital of the World," when you stay at our luxury hotel in the heart of it all. The 4 star W Austin stands in downtown, next to the world-famous Austin City Limits. Check out over 250 bars, restaurants, theaters and concert venues of Austin when you explore the area around our hotel. Our hotel's restaurants are distinct entities, from Trace Restaurant, offering an innovative menu with locally sourced ingredients, to the Living Room, which features four eclectic areas that provide very different and special culinary experiences. Stay in one of our hotel's luxury suites offering a stunning view of either Lady Bird Lake or downtown Austin. When your busy day comes to an end, curl up on your own ultra-comfortable W Bed. Order in-room service and watch the latest series on your flat-screen TV. You love to discover new things when you travel. Let the W Austin be your guide. Best of all, our pet-friendly lodging options mean nobody has to be left behind.
Rooms & Suites
We've knocked down the walls of a traditional lobby so you can open your mind and feel alive while cocktail socializing. Savor a libation from our extensive martini list or enjoy bottle service. Once the lights go down after 9pm, the Living Room transforms into a stylish lounge where fashionable elite mingle with the avant garde jet-set as DJs spin sultry, inspiring beats.
Our bright and airy Tequila Bar features plentiful plush seating areas, front-seat views of bustling Lavaca Street, and of course its own fully stocked bar. Watch the action unfold in the spirit of a literary salon, and sip a mixed libation from our thoughtfully curated list. Peruse our collection of coffee table books and games in the bright and airy Tequila Bar.
Our Living Room is so much more than a hotel lobby. Featuring four unique spaces, this gathering place is perfect for a more relaxed group feel. Sip on signature cocktails while thumbing through the over 8,000 records that adorn our Records Room. Cheers.
Snag a seat at the bar for happy hour and do a little people watching on the sidewalk patio. Steeped in Austin character and style, TRACE offers a unique dining experience in downtown Austin
Living Room Bar
Experience more than just a casual hangout in Austin at The Living Room. With 8,000 vinyl records, spanning the full spectrum of the musical world, our hotel bar creates an atmosphere unlike anything else in downtown.
Dine in Style
Our signature restaurant, TRACE Austin, is a sleek and sophisticated restaurant featuring the finest flavors of Central Texas sourced directly from the region's surrounding farms. Enjoy happy hour in the restaurant or on the patio. TRACE has a dedicated forager who oversees a completely local purveying program for ingredients that are organically and/or sustainably produced.
Keep it Fun at the WET Deck
The WET Deck goes above and beyond a standard hotel pool, with Day Passes, rentable cabanas and verandas, and DJs every Sunday.Learn More
Detox and Refresh
Re-charge your body and mind by escaping to AWAY Spa by W Hotels. Our therapists are at your service to re-energize you with our custom spa packages, including massage, facial and body treatment options. Perhaps you're looking to reward top performers with a spa treatment or want to escape for a little "me" time, we are here to make it happen. Advanced reservations are encouraged, by calling (512) 542-3626 or booking online.
200 Lavaca Street, Austin, Texas, USA, 78701
Bus StationGreyhound Bus Station
Plan a Gathering
W Austin features fantastic spaces to host your next party or event. From private dinners to important celebrations, W Austin can provide the ultimate VIP experience for you and your guests.
We would love to host your party and always look forward to booking events of all types:
- Graduation Parties
- Holiday Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Release Parties
- Business Meetings
- Happy Hours
Interested in serving lite bites or meals at your event?
For all inquiries in booking a reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From 24-hour in-room dining and a 24-hour Welcome Desk to express check-out and a multilingual staff, we've got everything covered and more. You'll find everything you dream of in our stately sanctuary—with our Whatever/Whenever® service, no wish is too out there.
Rock out with our W list of Grammy Award-worthy amenities. No problem in getting the goods home post-2ND Street District shopping with our Luggage Forward Service. From 24-hour in-room dining and a 24-hour Welcome Desk to express check-out and a multilingual staff, we've got everything covered and more. You'll find everything you dream of in our stately sanctuary—with our Whatever/Whenever® service, no wish is too out there. We'll make your special moment magical and transform your dreams into reality. Planning a proposal? Bed forts? Bathtub of hot chocolate? At W Austin, enjoy whatever you want. Whenever you want it (as long as it's legal).
P.A.W. - Pets Are Welcome™
W Austin is a pet-friendly hotel in downtown Austin, Texas. Our signature Pets Are Welcome™ (P.A.W.) program makes sure that furry friends enjoy their visit as much as you. At our pet-friendly Austin hotel, we treat your four-legged friend as part of the family.
- Welcome letter with information about special pet services available through Concierge and a list of items available at Whatever/Whenever®
- Pet toy
- Clean-up bags
- Custom W pet bed
- Food & water bowl with floor mat
- Litter box, litter & scoop
- Pet-in-room door sign
- Dog & cat toys
- Dog & cat food and treats
- Wee pads
- Litter boxes
- Waste removal bags
- Locations of the nearest dog parks & dog runs
- Grooming services
- Specialty pet stores
- Birthday cake
This hotel is committed to making our facilities, amenities and services accessible to guests with disabilities.
- Public entrance
- Service animals welcome
- Accessible route from public entrance to registration
- Accessible route from public entrance to guest rooms
- Accessible route from public entrance to restaurant
- Accessible route from public entrance to meeting room/ballroom
- Accessible route from public entrance to fitness center
- Accessible route from public entrance to swimming pool
- Accessible route from public entrance to business center
- Concierge desk
- Valet parking
- Fitness center
- Swimming pool
- Business center
- Roll-in showers
- Bathtubs with grab bars
- Visual fire alarm
Wireless high-speed Internet in all guest rooms is available for $14.95 USD, per day. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available in public areas and the business center.
The W Austin is an eco-friendly hotel in Austin, where we’re keen to be green. At W Austin, you can indulge without checking your conscience at the door. W Austin is part of Block 21, the first mixed-occupancy project of this type and size in the world to achieve LEED® certification. With nearly every facet of our hotel designed to support a sustainable future, we have perfected sophistication and sensational living down to a science. From exceptionally high percentages of sustainable, ecologically friendly and organic practices and verdant outdoor space to defy the conventions of urban concrete to incredibly efficient water and energy usage and in-room recycling, we are passionately committed to thinking green wherever and whenever possible.
Just How Green Are We?
- Low flow shower heads and low volume toilet
- Light fixtures installed utilize compact fluorescent bulbs or tubes
- Motion detectors to control lighting based on occupancy of given spaces
- Variable speed drivers on all pumps & fans; motor run speed based on demand
- State of the art thermostats in rooms; energy saving when unoccupied, uses motion detection
- Kitchen exhaust is ‘cleaned’ before leaving the building with Pollution Control Units
- 25-30% reduction on water consumption with LEED certified fixtures: Low flow shower heads and low volume toilet
- Partnership with Texas Disposal Systems to haul and process all compostable, recyclable, and landfill materials for the entire mixed use building
- Compost buckets and recycling bins are utilized in all kitchens, offices, bathrooms, and the employee cafeteria and all compostable and recyclable waste is separated, gathered, and deposited in the appropriate compactor
- Recycling bins on front drive of hotel, in rooms and in public areas of banquet space
- Concierge and Welcome desk uses electronic means of communicating directions, confirmations, folios and itineraries to guests rather than printing (unless requested)
- Eliminated all most single serving packaging in restaurant and employee cafeteria
- Collect used packing materials and keep at loading dock for reuse
- All paint used in construction project & all repairs made after use low VOC paints
- We aimed to use low toxicity adhesives during build-out/maintenance
- CO2 sensors installed throughout building to ensure there that if there is a buildup of CO2, the system will circulate fresh air into that area
- Use of mercury free fluorescent lighting in all guest rooms & back of house areas
- Active Green Council meets monthly to review green policy and talent education
- Green Council tours TDS (Texas Disposal Systems) to learn firsthand where and how our landfill, composting and recycling materials are processes
- Have appointed a Sustainability Champion
- Provide lockable bicycle parking stations for talent and guests
- Use of bicycles to guests
- Offer guests shuttle services to special events such as football games, Formula One track, etc.
- We offer use of pedi-cabs to ours guests as an alternative means of transportation
Staying green is easy at W Austin - not to mention rewarding. For each day you decline housekeeping service, we'll reward you with 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® (except day of departure) redeemable for future stays at any Starwood hotel. To opt into the program, simply check the "Make a Green Choice" box (located in the Optional Information section) during the online booking process or request participation at check-in. Learn More about our green initiatives.
Scott Newton Photography
Since the early seventies, Scott Newton has artfully chronicled and captured the iconic moments of Austin’s music scene. His work spans Austin musical history continuously from 1970 on, longer than anyone else working the Austin music scene. Showcasing these legendary moments, Newton’s striking photographs bring music to life and can be seen in each of W Austin’s guest rooms.
Each print has a story. Whether it’s Willie Nelson running in a race, Jimmy Buffet drinking a beer or Merle Haggard performing at Willie’s Fourth of July Picnic, Scott was there to capture all the remarkable (and sometimes emotional) moments that made these famous musicians who they are today.
Other notable greats that line the wall in W Austin’s guest rooms collection include Elvis Costello, Mick Jagger, Waylon Jennings, Jimmy Buffett, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, James Brown, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, plus many more from the 70s and early 80s.
Scott has been the official photographer of Austin City Limits since 1979. Before that, he served as house photographer for the Austin Opera House.
His work can also be seen throughout Austin at the Keller-Pfluger Gallery at the Moody Theater, etc. In 2010, Scott’s Austin City Limits photographs were exhibited for six months at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.
Need a great gift for the music lover? Scott has published several books to his name including Austin City Limits—A History in Photographs and more recent, "Austin City Limits -- A Monument to Music". Feel free to also take a look through his ACL galleries, which can be purchased, or take a glance at his signed fine art at the Modern Rocks Gallery. Definitely worth a look.
24 Hour Room Service
Dry Cleaning Service
Wake up Calls
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Minimum Age to Check In: 21
Smoke Free Property
Per room/2 dogs or cats 40 lbs max with USD100 cleaning fee plus USD20 per night
Non-Refundable Pet Fee Per Stay: $100
Non-Refundable Pet Fee Per Night: $20
Maximum Pet Weight: 40lbs
Maximum Number of Pets in Room: 2
Oversized vehicle charge is $63/day plus tax
Accepts: Cash, Credit Cards
Concierge desk service
Property has elevators
Languages spoken by staff:
For more information about the physical features of our accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call +1 512-542-3600
Property has elevators
Self Operating lift or a sloped entry in hotel swimming pools
Service Animals are Welcome
Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
Accessible Entrance to On-Site Pool
Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Fitness Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Spa is Accessible
Main Entrance is Accessible
Meeting Spaces are Accessible
On-Site Restaurants are Accessible
Room and Suites Access through the Interior Corridor
Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
Bathtub Grab Rails
Closed Caption TV
Deadbolts on Guest Room and Suites Doors
Electronic Room Key
Flashing Door Knockers
Guest Room and Suites Doors Self-Closing
Guests in mobility-accessible rooms may inquire about lowering the bed height
Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Deadbolts on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Electrical Outlets
Lowered Night Guards on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Viewports in Guest Room Doors
Mobility accessible rooms
Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom
Room Windows Open
Safety Chains and/or Latches on Guest Doors
Secondary Locks on Room Windows
Toilet Seat at Wheelchair Height - Toilet for Disabled
Transfer Showers in Guest Rooms
Viewports in Guest Room and Suites Doors
TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Certified
LEED: New Construction Certified
Water Footprint: 739.01 liters per room night
Guest Room Recycling
Electric car charging