Welcome to The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
Experience the charm of Charlotte at The Ballantyne
The Ballantyne, Charlotte provides luxurious accommodations set in an exceptional location near North Carolina shopping, outdoor recreation, dining and entertainment. Luxuriate at The Spa at Ballantyne or wade in the refreshing pools. Treat yourself to afternoon tea served with exquisite sweets and savories. In your spacious Charlotte hotel room, explore the in-room dining menu and order scrumptious cuisine from Gallery Restaurant, offering fine dining and weekend brunch. Walk to Ballantyne Village or to Ballantyne Corporate Park. Uptown attractions and The US National Whitewater Center are a short drive on I-485, while SouthPark mall is eight miles away. Whether you're returning from Carowinds or newly arrived from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), let The Ballantyne receive you with gracious services.
Rooms & Suites
Gallery features Southern American-style cuisine crafted with fresh local ingredients from Charlotte-area providers. The restaurant decor showcases artwork provided by Awaken Art Gallery.
Gallery Bar at Gallery Restaurant
Gallery Bar offers an inviting setting for lunch and dinner. Open daily, the bar offers an extensive wine, single malt Scotch, whiskey and cocktail selection. Monthly tastings and seasonal al fresco dining add to the experience.
The Ryal, located in the lobby offers an inviting indoor and outdoor setting with lovely resort views and was inspired by the rare Scottish gold coin the Rose Noble. Enjoy craft cocktails and a curated Whiskey collection.
Wellness & Relaxation
Spend A Day At The Spa
The Spa at Ballantyne boasts an indoor pool, resistance pools and whirlpool, fitness facilities, a eucalyptus steam room and sauna, a relaxing lounge, a boutique and dining.
Weddings At The Ballantyne
The perfect combination of inspiring wedding reception and ceremony venues and scenic grounds, The Ballantyne boasts gorgeous wedding and photography spaces, impressive surroundings and resort amenities designed to complement your wedding celebrations. Pursue a selection of elegant event spaces and ballrooms for wedding receptions, indoor and outdoor ceremonies and rehearsal dinners.Learn More
The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte
10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28277
Complimentary valet, self parking and large vehicle parking are available.
The business center includes an ATM, two apple computers with a printer available at a fee.
The Ballantyne is committed to demonstrating best practices in sustainability. A dedicated green committee meets regularly to continue to develop ways Ballantyne can be more environmentally friendly.
- Implemented “green card,” an environmentally friendly program for guests if they do not want to have linen changed in rooms during their stays.
- This program has reduced laundry processing by 35%.
- Participate in Make A Green Choice (MAGC) program, rewarding guests with SPG points if they decline housekeeping service for multiple night stays.
- Natura Water available for meetings and events.
- All rooms feature low-flow toilets.
- Use low aerator faucets in guest rooms.
- Banquets staff is serving water from pitchers and in glasses instead of plastic bottles when requested.
- Use a private water system through four detention ponds which hold surface water to irrigate the landscape and recaptures 70% of run off to reuse for irrigation and main water supply purposes.
- Significant water use savings are achieved with drip irrigation, high uniformity nozzles, planting materials and water use zones.
- Trees, shrubs and other planted materials selected are native to the area and require low water volume to maintain. (planted over 800 trees on golf course)
- Detained run-off into pond use for irrigation at hotel and surrounding Ballantyne Corporate Park.
- Utilize low flow automatic faucets.
- Installed 75 light sensor devices to automatically turn off lights when not in use in certain rooms.
- Installed energy efficient lighting in guest rooms.
- Installed new energy 15 watt fluorescent bulbs in all Lodge meeting rooms to replace 65 watt spot lamps.
- Improved efficiencies of HVAC equipment and gas sources to reduce energy used.
- Utilize two 2500E Hybrid Riding Green mowers, which result in better fuel economy with efficient electric reel motors, reducing noise pollution and eliminating more than 100 potential leak points. Additional hybrid landscaping equipment used to maintain grounds includes low emissions edger, blower and trimmer.
- Implemented single-stream recycling program (paper, cardboard, steel, glass, plastic, aluminum).
- Developed initiatives to reduce paper usage, including two-sided printing.
- Use paperless time and attendance system.
- Recycle printer cartridges.
- Recycle guest room keys.
- Natura Water system eliminates waste produced by traditional bottled water sources.
- Pest and Disease Management
- Use low VOC paints and carpets
- Utilize natural methods to eliminate pests whenever possible.
- Limit use of fertilizers and pesticides by spot-treating, especially around waterways, ponds and creeks versus spraying everywhere.
- When using pesticides, staff utilizes insecticides with minimal amounts of VOC.
- The Golf Club is certified by Audubon International, dedicated to promoting sustainable practices that demonstrate good stewardship of the natural environment.
- In 1998, 2.5 acres of wetlands were built on the golf course to mitigate any wetland delimitation that occurred during construction, thus promoting aquatic and wildlife habitat on the property.
- Located within walking distance of retail shopping, over 50 restaurants, the YMCA, walking trails, parks and ponds.
- Produce and meats are purchased locally.
- Cooking oil is recycled.
- Donate food to local food bank.
- Associates participate in monthly community service activities.
- Use environmentally friendly product for box lunches (instead of Styrofoam and plastic).
- The Spa at Ballantyne uses certified organic skin care products.
- Utilize “Green Seal Guarantee” cleaning supplies to help protect indoor air quality.
- In 2007, over 350 trees were planted on the golf course and a tree nursery was formed on undeveloped land in Ballantyne Corporate Park.
- Donate soap and shampoo to Clean the World, a non-profit hospitality amenity recycling organization.
Accessible Areas with Accessible Routes from Public Entrance
- Business Center
- Concierge desk
- Fitness Center
- Meeting spaces and ballrooms
- Pool accessible
- Pool pathway
- Public entrance alternative
- Public restrooms
- Registration Desk Pathway
- Registration desk
Accessible Hotel Features
- Accessible Self-parking
- Braille and tactile signage provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read printed/visual information to guests who are blind/low vision and provide oral directions to hotel locations
- Meeting room(s) with assistive listening devices
- Self-parking, accessible spaces
- Service animals are welcome
- Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
Guest Room Accessibility
- Accessible guest rooms with 32” wide doorways
- Accessible route from public entrance to accessible guest rooms
- Alarm clock telephone ringers
- Bathroom grab bars
- Bathtub grab bars
- Deadbolt locks, lowered
- Door night guards, lowered
- Doors with lever handles
- Electrical outlets, lowered
- Flashing door knockers
- Hearing accessible rooms and/or kits
- Roll-in shower
- Shower wand, adjustable
- TTY/TTD available
- TV with close-captioning
- Toilet seat at wheelchair height
- Transfer shower
- Vanities, accessible
- Viewports, lowered
Awards & Partnerships
The Ballantyne awards include: AAA Four Diamond and Conde Nast Reader’s Choice for Hotels in the South. In addition, our Luxury Program Partners include: American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Travel Leader’s Select, Altour and Luxury Privileges.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoke Free Property
Pets Not Allowed
Service Dogs Allowed
The Ballantyne is not responsible for stolen or lost items from vehicles
Accepts: Cash, Credit Cards
Contactless mobile payments
Concierge desk service
Property has elevators
Languages spoken by staff:
For more information about the physical features of our accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call +1 704-248-4000
Accessible on-site parking
Property has elevators
Self Operating lift or a sloped entry in hotel swimming pools
Service Animals are Welcome
Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
Accessible Entrance to On-Site Pool
Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Fitness Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Spa is Accessible
Main Entrance is Accessible
Meeting Spaces are Accessible
On-Site Restaurants are Accessible
Room and Suites Access through the Interior Corridor
Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
Bathtub Grab Rails
Close Caption TV
Deadbolts on Guest Room and Suites Doors
Electronic Room Key
Flashing Door Knockers
Guest Room and Suites Doors Self-Closing
Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Deadbolts on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Electrical Outlets
Lowered Night Guards on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Viewports in Guest Room Doors
Mobility accessible rooms
Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom
Safety Chains and/or Latches on Guest Doors
Toilet Seat at Wheelchair Height - Toilet for Disabled
Transfer Showers in Guest Rooms
Viewports in Guest Room and Suites Doors
Carbon Footprint: 47.8 kg per room night
Water Footprint: 920.76 liters per room night