The wellbeing of our guests and associates is our highest priority, and we remain diligent in our commitment to provide a safer, hospitable environment for all who visit our hotel. We are closely monitoring updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from local and international health authorities, and encourage our guests to do the same. To provide additional assurance to our guests and associates we are taking the following steps:
- All associates are required to complete a health screening questionnaire recommended by the CDC, and have their temperature taken daily as they arrive to work
- Distribution of safety procedures to all associates specific to the coronavirus and prevention
- Ensuring the hotel has ample hand sanitizer dispensers and sanitizer stock available
- Gathering additional educational materials to include proper hand washing and other infection control measures that are displayed and/or distributed to associates
- Using EPA approved disinfectant products on hard surfaces and high touch points inside the guest room - door knobs, faucet knobs, alarm clocks, phones, remote controls - and around the hotel - door handles, elevator buttons, public bathrooms, etc.
- Guest rooms remain untouched for 24 hours prior to being thoroughly cleaned
- Using EPA approved disinfectant products on hard surfaces and high touch points in both front and back of the house areas including, but not limited to, POS registers, computer keyboards, telephones, and other frequently used equipment daily
- Using EPA disinfectant products in meeting rooms. This includes cleaning door handles and pulls, light switches, table tops, chairs, food and beverage high-touch areas such as coffee urn pulls, creamer handles, water stations, microphones, presentation clickers, projectors, lecterns, etc.
- Monitoring and adhering to the CDC recommendations as it specifically relates to large gatherings and events
- Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected in both front and back of the house areas with increased frequency, and public restrooms have foot pulls to avoid touching door handles
- Communicate coronavirus updates as they become available to stave off disinformation
- Tracking the location of the confirmed coronavirus cases in the United States and Michigan
The information provided on this page complies with current CDC, state, and local health authority guidelines, which may change, improve, or be updated without notice. Although we will endeavor to update this information as quickly as possible, there may be times in which guidelines are implemented before they are reflected here. Courtyard Grand Rapids Downtown does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided at any given time.
Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. During your stay, we will not provide housekeeping automatically every day. If you wish to receive daily housekeeping refresh service, please let us our guest services team know. We will be happy to make schedule service according to your preferences. Please note that if you are staying with us a bit longer, we will automatically clean your guest room after every 6th night.