ENJOY EASY ACCESS TO VIRGINIA BEACH, TOWN CENTER AND NORFOLK ATTRACTIONS
The ocean may draw people to Virginia Beach, but the array of attractions entices them to stay longer. Guests staying at Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk on a business trip, visiting an active duty member at a naval base or vacationing with the family will find Virginia is for lovers of the beach - and so much more.
Centrally located between Virginia Beach and Norfolk, our hotel offers easy access to the highway, the Virginia Beach Town Center and The Tide light rail with service to downtown Norfolk.
Heading to the oceanfront? There's a Hampton Roads Transit station about one 1 mile from the Town Center hotel. To walk there, take a right onto Newtown Road and stroll until you hit Virginia Beach Boulevard. If you're driving to the beach, turn right out of the hotel parking lot and continue straight past the first stoplight. This becomes the on-ramp for 264 East. Follow it for about 12 miles until it ends at the oceanfront.
Taking The Tide light rail to downtown Norfolk? Turn right out of hotel, turn left onto Newtown Road and the station will be on the right. Walking distance is approximately ½ mile.
Where to Eat
You'll find seafood, barbecue and everything else to tempt your palate within easy reach of our hotel in Virginia Beach.
- Surf Rider (1 mile), a family-run restaurant with a seafood focus
- Ruth's Chris Steak House (3.5 miles), a national chain with steak and exceptional wines
- Whitener's Barbecue (6 miles), a family-run spot that smokes its meat in-house
- Leaping Lizard Cafe (7 miles), a cafe/antiques shop whose duck sammies are a favorite of The Food Network
- Citrus (10 miles), a breakfast and lunch spot highlighting locally sourced ingredients, daily specials and homemade desserts
- Captain George's Seafood Restaurant, offering an oceanfront setting and popular buffet
- Flip Flops VB Grill, serving coastal cuisine with a Caribbean twist in a relaxed setting
- Rigoletto Italian Bakery & Café, featuring desserts and traditional dishes made in-house
- Beach Pub, offering local seafood, including its signature fried flounder, sandwiches and steaks
- Route 58 Delicatessen with its NY-style deli sandwiches, soups and desserts
- Shamrock Marathon
- Rock & Roll Marathon
- Neptune Festival, featuring more than 40 events each year highlighting music, wine, the arts and more
- Norfolk Harborfest®, with three days of live entertainment, water activities and the East Coast's largest fireworks
- Chesapeake Jubilee, featuring carnival rides and games, a shrimp feast, BBQ competition, livestock show and fireworks