Welcome to Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
An authentic village retreat in an exclusive setting
Tucked away within the medieval village of Megalohori, the enchanting Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort has evolved from a 400-year-old wine cellar and a 100-year-old mansion into an authentic, Cycladic-styled property. Dedicated to the needs of seasoned travellers, Vedema houses 59 spacious suites and villas, all with their own terraces and many with jacuzzis or private pools.
Inspired by and built around the 400-year-old winery that dominates the heart of the property, the resort resembles a traditional fortified Greek village made up of 59 sophisticated villas and low-rise small handcrafted houses.
Explore The World of Wine
Winemaking lies at the heart of the property, which is no more evident than in the name, Vedema, meaning “harvest”. Even today, the vineyards that surround the hotel are nurtured to produce their own special vintage, available for guests to taste in the Canava Wine Bar.
3 Senses Package
: May 5, 2022 — October 30, 2022
Indulge in an extraordinary getaway and let us pamper you with all the attention and comfort you deserve, while enjoying the privacy of this secluded resort!
Family Offer, a family beach day & a couple's romance
: May 5, 2022 — October 30, 2022
Revel in the ideal getaway creating unforgettable moments with your family at the black-sand beach of Perivolos and rejuvenate your romance with a candlelight dinner for 2!
: May 5, 2022 — October 30, 2022
Indulge in an extraordinary honeymoon and let us pamper you with all the attention and comfort you deserve, while enjoying the privacy of this secluded resort!
Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
Megalohori, Santorini, Greece, 84700
Private Car Service (per way for up to 3 people)
With Santorini's rich history dating back beyond 1645 BC, Vedema Resort both pays homage to the past and plays an important role in the island's present.
- Situated on a more than 500-year-old vineyard overlooking the medieval village of Megalohori, the resort was built in 1993 when Antonis Elliopoulos, the son of a notable shipping family, had the idea of developing the family’s summer estate into an innovative first-class resort reflective of Santorini’s culture and customs. He then commissioned renowned architect Mary Kavagia and interior designers Yiannis Tseklenis and Aggelos Aggelopoulos to create a traditional fortified Greek village made up of sophisticated Grecian-style villas and small handcrafted houses, surrounded by an indigenous stone wall.
- The old wine-harvest spot on the estate was selected as the resort’s focal point. And, in fact, its name, Vedema, is the direct Venetian translation for 'harvest.' Today, wines produced here are sold and celebrated internationally. Additionally, the resort renovated the old cellars under the village to fulfill important resort functions as a meeting center, wine-tasting room, private dining room, and the charming Alati Restaurant.
- Elliopoulos continued the transformation in 2019, when he undertook an interior renovation that included creating spacious marble bathrooms with bathtubs and showers and updating technology with the latest equipment and devices. All furniture was replaced with antique, island-style offerings, sugar-white in color and upholstered in sumptuous fabrics.
- This ongoing fusion of traditional and contemporary makes Vedema Resort Santorini’s top spot year after year.
Luxury Collection Concierge
Highest quality service and attentionOnce a guest has arrived at Vedema Resort, the concierge team stands ready to be of service, dedicated to ensuring that each guest is able to unlock the very best of Santorini.
- Guests staying at Vedema Resort enjoy the very highest quality service and attention from our Luxury Collection Concierge. Our head concierge is a bilingual, certified destination expert and eager to reveal the island’s secret treasures.
- In addition to recommending a visit to Santorini’s stunning beaches and watching the sunset at Oia or from the cliff-tops of Fira, our concierge is on-hand to help organize the day’s activities, ranging from private beach access to scuba diving, snorkeling, wine tours, and archeological exploration.
- Within the resort, they are pleased to cater to all needs, be it floral arrangements, spa reservations, private dining service, or secretarial and translation services.
- Additional services include the following:
- Daily excursions to black, red and white beaches via private sailboats
- Local winery tours
- Tours of ancient sites
- A sunset volcano cruise
- Water sports
- Horseback riding
- Dinner reservations
- Floral arrangements
- Private dining
- Picnic baskets
- Ticket purchases
- Airport or port transfers
- Babysitting arrangement
- Private Guide tours arrangements
- A series of serendipitous events led Kalia and Antonis Eliopoulos to hospitality, armed with a natural talent for piecing together a compelling narrative. It was the pull of Santorini, a mesmerizing island Antonis Eliopoulos had been visiting since childhood, that changed their destiny. On one of his countless trips here, he decided to buy a rustic vineyard, which turned into their first hotel in 1993 – Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, a unique village-like setting loved by locals and guests alike. Their passion for hospitality motivated them to take on the iconic Oía village, where they introduced in 2007 Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, a secluded hideaway carved into the rugged caldera cliffs and boasting glorious views to the infinite blue of the Aegean archipelago. The duo knew that their third hotel on the volcanic island, Istoria, a Member of Design Hotels, had to be on the magical black sand beach of Perivolos, where they transformed a former palazzo of a legendary socialite to a serene retreat for sophisticated travelers. Wishing to expand their horizons, in 2018 they journeyed to the nearby island of Paros, for their fourth property, Parīlio, a Member of Design Hotels, opened in July 2019, where they crafted an artful statement amid a world of pine-fringed coves and white-washed historical villages.
- Legal information: GNTO License Number 1167K015A1319100
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoke Free Property
1 pet max 5 kilogram per room with a EUR50 nonrefundable fee per room per night
Maximum pet weight: 5kgs
Accepts: Credit Cards
Contactless mobile payments
Concierge desk service
Languages spoken by staff:
For more information about the physical features of our accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call +30 228-6081796
Service Animals are Welcome
Accessible Entrance to On-Site Pool
Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Fitness Center is Accessible
Main Entrance is Accessible
Meeting Spaces are Accessible
Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
Close Caption TV
Lowered Electrical Outlets