The execution of the F&B offers must be defined, aligned with the social distancing and cleaning protocols for the stay of the guests and the execution of meetings and events.
Options include Grab and Go, prepackage, and limited menu or departure offerings based on hotel occupancy and guest needs.
Eliminate and offer alternative options for any shared use items that cannot be cleaned after guest use (for example, ice machine with containers and food displays)
1. Evaluate restaurant and IRD menus and limit offerings to those items that maintain presentation and quality standards when served in take out containers.
2. IRD to transition to a la cart dinner with limited menus to start, using the touch and back delivery method
3. Buffets are eliminated and guests avoid self-service in the Concierge lounge
4. Follow all local, state, or other guidance on the social distancing and spacing of restaurant guests for both setup and ongoing execution of F&B operations. Use floor markings, signage, and furniture placement to ensure compliance.
5. The use of menus is replaced by QR codes and menus. Menu options may include; disposable single-use menus, whiteboards digitally using QR codes.
6. Clean (disinfect) menus after each seat, including digital
7. Disinfect furniture after each meal period; clean all tables and chairs with disinfectant between clients
8. Disinfect all food preparation tables every 2 hours.
9. Disinfect all food preparation tables every night and rinse in the morning.
10. Reduced seating area: the Host is essential to ensure adequate spacing (eliminate bar stools, table and chair space, seating limit on communal tables)
11. Adjust hours of operations and encourage advance reservations for
controllability and flow: consider an area for overflow seating
during peak hours / seasons
12. Implement queuing procedures for rush hours when diners cannot be seated immediately. The Hostess station will be arranged in a way that guests do not wait in line to enter the restaurant.
13. Make sure the servers are aware of social distancing and limit the amount of time spent at each table. Hostess, supervisors, and managers must manage physical distancing at entrances, waiting areas, and queues (in addition to support signage).
14. Remove all presets to include china, glass, menus, and condiments
15. Offer rolled, prepackaged, or single-use cutlery.
16. Deploy single-use condiments and dispensing stations (straws, napkins)
17. Encourage Grab & Go Options
18. If unopened individual condiments are reused, they must be disinfected
19. Eliminate self-service meals when possible and follow all guidelines
20. as they relate to the buffet service (see Events Guide) 21. Promote the à la carte restaurant service: discard buffet
22. Disinfect your hands after every drink / order for the diner
23. Move all decorations / glass or other items available for contact with diners.
24. Remove sliced fruits / side dishes from areas within reach of guests.
25. Reduce glassware stored in bars; rinse all glasses before making drinks
26. Sanitize cocktail equipment and sanitized bar tools with soap / water after each use
27. When handling cash, credit cards and identification, associates should sanitize their hands after interacting with diners.
28. Continuous disinfection of areas and equipment using approved chemicals.
29. Replace all disposable placemats.
30. Placemats that can be machine washed and sanitized after each use 31. Cover all food that comes out of the kitchen.
32. Consider using high-grade single-use napkins
33. Consider adding a sneeze guard in front of the Hostess podium